A range of devices designed for cleaning pipes ranging from 7 to 600 mm I.D. The outstanding feature of the THUNDER units is their ability to remove any scale and deposit.
Main applications for THUNDERģ units:
- Heat exchangers
- Boilers Heating, water supply and drainage systems
- Blow wells
- Other types of pipes (oil-well tubing, apparatus in aluminium smelting works, crude oil preheaters, electric furnace cooling systems etc.)
The principle behind the operation of THUNDERģ units:
The principle is based on the exploitation of the energy of a high voltage discharge in water. The discharge produces a shock wave and hydrodynamic flows that destroy scale and deposits without damaging the pipe (see the drawing).
The benefits of cleaning using THUNDERģ units:
- Almost any kind of scale or deposit is removed. Cleaning is thorough, "down to the metal", which significantly delays the formation of new scale
- It is possible to clean complex pipe structures, including spirals
- Low cost of consumables, absence of wear parts
- Cleaning is performed on site, no need to dismantle equipment
- The equipment being cleaned is not damaged and its service life is not diminished
- The equipment is easy to use and maintain
- Environmentally friendly