The track gauge is designed for measurements of track geometry. Gauge readings are recorded automatically in its electronic memory in real time as the gauge travels along the track. The operator can see measured values of the track gauge, cant, and the actual mileage on the display during measurements. The large size foil keyboard makes it possible to input information on track faults discovered. One can mark location, e.g., of the broken weld or rail, need to replace the sleeper or missing bolts.
Main track gauge technical specifications:
- Mileage measurement increment: 0.5 m
- Gauge - range: 1420-1485; resolution: 0.1 mm
- Cant - range: ±200 mm; resolution: 0.1 mm
- Vertical irregularities - range: ±4 mm / 1 m; resolution 0.1
- Horizontal irregularities - range: ±5 mm / 1 m; resolution 0.1